of a student in Homestay:
- Participate in the life of your
family. Engage in conversation.
- Be tidy throughout the house, especially
- Refer to your hosts and or institution
if you are unhappy about something.
- Adequate notice of one/two weeks (depending on school) if you wish to leave your homestay.
- Pay Homestay the due money on the
- Laundry use - most homestays find
it easier to do the washing and the ironing. You may want some other arrangement. Negotiate.
- Bathroom use - respect other family
members use and given climate change keep showers to
- Meals - inform your host of your
likes and dislikes.
- Telephone - it is not fair to increase
your host's phone bills. Please use a phone card or your mobile.
- Heating - it is not fair to increase
your host's fuel bills unnecessarily. Negotiate and wear clothes suitable
for Melbourne's climate.
- Abide by the school/institute requirements
regarding participation, attendance, punctuality and uniform.
- Internet - it is reasonable to expect
a small fee to be paid to the host for the use of
Internet - Negotiate.
- Smoking - most Homestay families
prefer non-smoking students. Where a Homestay family is prepared to accept
a student who smokes, the general rule is they must smoke outside.
- Toiletries - the student should
provide his/her own toothpaste, deodorant and personal items.
- Duty of care - you are part of a
new family. Respect their rules. Provide them with your
mobile phone number so that you can be contacted. Inform them when you
home late etc.
- Time management - use your time
effectively so that you can stay healthy and succeed in your studies while
still enjoying the company of your Homestay and the delights of Melbourne.
HAVE YOU READ WHAT SAS REQUIRES OF A
us | Host
information | Host
Student information | Student
application | Tour groups
About Melbourne | Contact
us | Home
Disclaimer. Copyright © Student Accommodation
Services Pty Ltd 2009. All rights reserved.